Work

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
I'm struggling to be honest with u all specially the mind boggling procedures that the dwp go to not to give you the answers I require
I care for my partner with vasculitus and kidney failure my partner who also had breast cancer and a double knee operation is a survivor which to be is amazing
But all I want to know. Is can I earn money while being a carer. Things are tight and hard as it is but all I want to do is to earn enough just to exist
Can anyone help me with this I would appreciate this
Carers UK has a brilliant helpline, give them a ring, but if it's busy don't just try and try again, send them an email and I promise they will get back to you within a week.
Hello Jay

Basically you can earn £116 per week and still claim Carers Allowance. Have a read of our factsheet here:
http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice ... -allowance

You can also ring or email our Adviceline for further information
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

Freephone: 0808 808 7777
email: advice@carersuk.org

Carers UK’s advice and information team based in London is undergoing staff changes. This means the Adviceline is closed on Thursdays and Fridays whilst we recruit and train new members of staff. We will be taking calls on Monday – Wednesday between 10am and 4pm. . You can email or write to the Adviceline and we will respond to your enquiries within five working days.

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 10am to 4pm.

If you can’t get through on the phones (lines are often oversubscribed) then send them an email, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.
You can claim CA if •you earn no more than £116 a week after tax and some expenses - these will be assessed when you apply'

That's from https://www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/eligibility

The 'after some expenses' can be very useful, eg transport maybe, and also paying into a pension as well.

If you look through the archives/older posts, and especially those posted by a chap called Scally, you'll find a lot of very useful info on just what you can offset against earnings, without making you lose CA. He had all sorts of tips!

All the best with it.