CA and ESA

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
hello everyone my daughter is 18 and about 2 years ago dislocated her knee , she has had problems ever since with it popping out when she least expects it and when she turned 18 in june she went on ESA because she couldn't work and has been waiting to have an operation on her knee to strengthen it which is on the 14th of november this year and they have said it will be up to 6 months of recovery after the operation, now I am her dad and I don't liver with her and her mum anymore and I am on universal credit and will be looking after her when she had her operation as her mum works full time , so was wondering were I stand on benefits as I am on universal credit and eligible for work , so I guess I'm asking can I claim carers or get a premium or something while I'm looking after her , I will be looking after my daughter every day 6 days a week why her mum works

thanks andrew
Hi Andrew ... as a holding reply before other posters descend ... UC ... virtually anything to so with changes in circumstances is worth bouncing off the Advice Team , details copied across from elsewhere on the site.

Is your daughter on old money benefits or UC ... that could also complicate what will follow ... UC post code finder :

https://universalcreditinfo.net/

Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

Freephone: 0808 808 7777
email: advice@carersuk.org

Carers UK’s advice and information team based in London is undergoing staff changes. This means the Adviceline is closed Wednesday to Friday whilst we recruit and train new members of staff. We will be taking calls on Monday and Tuesday between 10am and 4pm. You can email or write to the Adviceline and we aim to respond to your enquiries within seven working days.

Feel free to add anymore should you feel it is relevant.

You can also get hold of useful advice, information and support online.
• Visit our Help and Advice sections of our website (www.carersuk.org), we have loads of information and downloadable factsheets on the topics people ask us about most.
• New to caring? Our Upfront guide will take you straight to the information you need to know. It takes only a few minutes to complete.
• And our volunteer-led Listening Support service will continue to take calls on Monday and Tuesday, 10am to 4pm.

We aim to return to our five-day a week service by 2nd January 2018.

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 10am to 4pm.

Feel free to add anything else ... the more information , the better the advice / recommendations.