Newbie from Wales.

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi everyone, my name is Pat I have recently become a member of Carersuk. My husband suffered a Stroke in 2008 quite a while ago now but life for me seems to be getting worse. The Stroke left my husband with speech problems but virtually no physical problems. So although I am his Carer it is more for everyday life procedures, banking, telephone calls,post,making appointments that sort of thing not any personal care. So whats my problem I hear you ask,over the last year my husband has stopped taking all his medication, refuses to go to the Doctors as he claims there is nothing wrong with him. Now he says that he doesn't want to be with me anymore ( we have been together for 25 years) but won't tell me why. I understand how frustrating his life must be because it is difficult for him to communicate but he gets by as most people are kind and understanding and give him the time he needs, but for me I do not know what I am waking up to each day will he be pleasant, will he want to talk to me. If only he would try to explain what it is I have done or simply tell me he no longer loves me at least I would know. This is a second marriage for both of us we do not have children together, I have 2 grown up children who have children of their own, they get on ok with my husband. My husband has children but hasn't seen them for nearly 20 years, their choice not his. I know no one has miracle answers for me but just writing this gets it off my chest. Any thoughts would be greatly received xP.S I am 60 my husband 68!
Welcome to the forum Pat
Sorry to hear your life is so frustrating. My husband is in a nursing home because of strokes and vascular dementia. Different circumstances to yours. However, does your husband seem to have memory problems? I'm wondering, if he has had a TIA ( mini stroke) which has caused this almost change of personality? Mini strokes caused my lovely husband to have changes in his way of thinking, way before my family and myself realised he had suffered them. Somehow, he needs to see a doctor,. I realise he is refusing to. Co operate at the moment. Would one of your children be able to persuade him? Just a thought.
Sending you (((hugs)))