New gal

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Thank you Sally. You've fit right in, as our American cousins would say...
Hi Sally,

Just like to welcome you to the forum!
Sorry its a bit late only I've only just read your postings I'm sure you will fit in nicely look forward to chatting to you soon.

Take care Deb x
Hi Sally,

Just like to welcome you to the forum!
Sorry its a bit late only I've only just read your postings I'm sure you will fit in nicely look forward to chatting to you soon.

Take care Deb x
Hi Deb

thanks for your posting, as someone wiser than I will ever be once said, "better late than never" (I reckon they must have been a carer also as getting the time to post isnt always as easy as it may seem so again thank you for taking the time for saying hello). I am sure this is just me as I know I am over sensitive but sometimes I just cannot stop typing on here, you just want to offer support, verbals hugs and more etc as well as get off your chest all that is bothering you and then I see what I have written and think Good God! what am I like, someday soon someone is going to cotton on and kick me off but until then I will keep waffling and typing and see where it takes me.... Image

hope you are well and had a better day today

best wishes, Sal x
Hi Sal
Welcome to the forum. One phrase in your post concerned me - "someone will make me give it up to care full-time."

Please remember that NO-ONE can make you do this. It may be suggested to you, but please remember that caring - full-time or otherwise - is a choice.
You cannot be made to do it. And although you will have to face and accept the guilt feelings this may well induce, your own mental health and happiness should be high on your agenda.

Best wishes, snoopy
Caring full time is also about 300% harder (probably) than you imagine it might be. Or perhaps I am assuming everyone's as unprepared as I was ...
Sal, I did give up my job, and I SO miss it. Not just the 'job' but my friends, the structure it gave to my life, and ... oh yes, the MONEY! Dropping from something in the region of £1000 per month to about £350 takes some getting used to.

And Guilt feelings? They don't go away just 'cos you are at home all the time, they just come at you from a different direction.

My advice, with hindsight, (& if it's not too late!) would be keep your job if you can and 'buy in' some back-up care to spread the load.

Best wishes,

Lynne

"Down with the Guilt Monster"