Need hours from care homes!!

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi new to this! Been in the game for the past 18months now! And not really getting anywhere! My problem is that I’m seeming to get care homes on bourd but no hours are coming from it! I’m only managing to do 30 hours a week from 6 care homes! Can anyone please help me on what I can do? Would really appreciate it!
Haroon, sorry to tell you this, but this is actually a forum for FAMILY carers, not professional care-workers like yourself! So I don't think you'll get the answers you are looking for here.

That said, there are one or two on the forum who are both family carers AND do some care-work, so maybe they can advise?
jenny lucas wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:08 am
Haroon, sorry to tell you this, but this is actually a forum for FAMILY carers, not professional care-workers like yourself! So I don't think you'll get the answers you are looking for here.

That said, there are one or two on the forum who are both family carers AND do some care-work, so maybe they can advise?

Thank you and appreciate it many thanks
Haroon, hope the job prospects pick up soon. One thing is for sure - family carers REALLY appreciate a good professional care-worker, whether that's someone who comes into the patient's home, or helps look after them in a care home.

Without professional care workers to help us, and, indeed, 'take over' when we 'collapse' with the strain (and looking after a frail, elderly person with dementia for years and years and years can break even the most loving and loyal family member!), we would probably all end up in straight jackets ourselves (Well, I know I would!)

This may be 'irrelevant' but have you thought of extending your skillset towards areas like, say, full-blown nursing? The UK is desperately short of nurses, and those with any kind of nursing skills become really important when care of the infirm elderly is required. That said, funding the training may be the problem. (The UK's utterly shameful refusal to fund the training of enough of it's own current population to provide the nurses we need, and instead to 'harvest' the nurses that OTHER COUNTRIES have trained, is just appalling!)

WIshing you all the best. I'm not sure whether this is 'OK' or not, but as you have joined the forum, I would take some time to read around on the posts and so on, as it will give you invaluable insight into what 'caring' looks like from the 'family/unpaid' side, and that, in turn will help you in your professional capacity.