Hi, I'm new to this too.

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi, I'm Val. I care for my husband who has complex medical problems, but didn't realise that I was a 'Carer' until I visited a Parkinsons carer's group as part of my job, and found myself thinking 'I do that too'. We live in sheltered housing where we have level access and a wet room (Oh I do miss my bath!).
We also moved to Cornwall to support my elderly parents. We go to them at least 3 times a week and give them the support they need. My Mum's needs are becoming greater as her memory progressively worsens, and I found myself with questions and no one to share them with. So with a little trepidation and a lot of hope I have signed up.
Hi Val,

Well you have done the right thing by joining us & I would just like to give you a warm welcome & look forward to chatting to you in the near future.
It's a little bit late now but I'm sure the other carers will be around sometime tomorrow to welcome you & offer you any support they can.

Take care for now Deb xx
Hi Val,

Like to add my welcome to you also.

You said
So with a little trepidation and a lot of hope I have signed up.
You have taken that 1st step which is always the hardest but I can assure you that you will not regret it.A real friendly bunch of people here who offer/receive support.

When you feel comfortable, fire away with any questions you may have.We dont have all the answers but even just sharing experiences can help and knowing someone understands how you feel is a comfort too.

Like Debs said,look forward to getting to know you.

Nite
Rosemary
Hi Val and welcome.

You've taken 2 big steps - recognising your caring role and making contact with other carers. Hope you find what you need here.
Just adding my welcome Val - please feel free to ask if you need any help or advice.

Look forward to chatting with you soon.

Take care

Paula xx
Welcome to the forum Val, take it from one who only joined last week, you will wonder how you ever managed on your own once you get going. The support on here is fantastic and I know you will be glad that you made that first step.

talk to you again soon and again ~Welcome~

take care, Sal x