Struggling big time

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
thank you delboy, and sending Image Image and (((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))) back to you.

As you say, we will get through this, it's just "how", that I'm floundering with. I know it's not good to bottle it up, and I do want to let it out and cry more than I am, but for some reason i can't. This is quite unlike me as I am usually an emotional person. I think that it still goes too deep, is too painful and I am afraid to confront it. maybe I am afraid that once I force myself to confront it, it will become real, and that frightens me.

Talking to my Aunt last week, (she was widowed 3 years ago) she suggested counselling. Am thinking about it.
In the meantime, I have to get this sleep problem licked before they cart me off Image Image
Oh well, onwards and upwards as they say, stay strong,
love Phoebe xx
Hi Phoebe
Have you talked to your GP? He/she might be able to help with some knock out drops, for the short term, as you simply can't function safely if you don't sleep. The GP can also help you access counselling.
It all happened so suddenly that you must have masses going on in your head. Talking to someone who isn't involved is a really useful strategy as you can open up in a very different way. I had bereavement counselling when I lost my big sister and found it incredibly useful in helping me to function again and deal with all the things that were happening in the family.
Be gentle with yourself.
Jx
Seeing your GP is a good idea he will put you in touch with the right people if so wish ....Mine phones me up to make sure that I am ok , and If I require anything he has told the people that are on reception to treat it as priorety...

There are never two days the same , not that there ever was , but forward we must go ..... have had a good day today ..

Well phoebe take care , (((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) AND Image Image Image as normal , always in my thoughts ...
Thank you, juggler and delboy, I have a counselling session on friday, I took the plunge and phoned up, fingers crossed.....

(((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))) to you both,

love phoebsxxxxxxx
Well done phoebe the first step is always the hardest , good luck with it will be thinking of you on that day .... Image

Always in my thoughts ((((((((((hugs ))))))))) Image Image Image
Hi everyone,
The counselling went well and have another booked for tomorrow. it feels like I'm taking one step forward and two steps back sometimes, last week i felt stronger, today i feel wretched again. i suppose it's going to be like that for a while. i did visit my sister in Norfolk for a few days. that helped.
Hope you all getting on ok,
(((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))) to you all,

Love Phoebe xxx