Probate

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
Who's the executor, or are you both executors?

As for the household bills, can't you just forward them to her? And send her the keys to the house, and wash your hands of it?

I'll ask my lawyer chum for any info on who actually has to do what. I know that executors of wills do have legal obligations, but not sure what happens if both children are executors, and one drags their heels. I know I dragged my heel on something to do with my father's will, and my brother nagged me, but that was decades ago. I think I just did it in the end (it was signing something or other.)

Maybe your sister doesn't want closure, and enjoys keeping you hanging around, knowing it annoys you and inconveniences you....
Maybe your sister doesn't want closure, and enjoys keeping you hanging around, knowing it annoys you and inconveniences you....
Yes, that's exactly it.
I wonder if there's a legal time limit on getting probate done after a death? If she's the sole executor, that might pressure her a bit! If you're joint executors, not so sure?

All the best anyway, in a not-very-pleasant situation.
Hiya Jenny, I am a bit confused...You said when your husband passed away you had to go through probate....we were told by our solicitor when my mum passed away (.the estate goes to probate when the remaining spouse passes away! Why did you go through Probate xx
I went through probate when my OH died, due to the value of the estate, although I was the sole beneficiary. It was all dealt with by the solicitor, my choice to make sure everything was done properly to avoid any later repurcussions.