Carers Allowance?.....mum died 4/07/17

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
Hello, im hoping someone may be able to answer my question.
My mum sadly passed away on the 4th July and I used the Tell us once service to inform DWP etc. I was advised that my carers would run on for 8 weeks to allow me time to get myself organised etc. My last payment was on 6th July, does anyone know if that is correct? My housing benefit, council tax etc has been suspended too. I am now worried!
Hello Annemarie

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your Mum - it's a difficult enough time when we lose a loved one without the DWP making things harder.

I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits.
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

Freephone: 0808 808 7777
email: advice@carersuk.org
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.
If you can’t get through on the phones (lines are often oversubscribed) then send them an email, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.

As it's now the weekend I suggest emailing them would probably be the better option.