A very different Christmas

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
2013 has been a very difficult year for many of us on the forum and I know that I'm not going to be the only one facing a very different Christmas the year.

Last year Dad stayed with me for Christmas and New Year. We had eight lovely (ambulance free!) days together. Very special memories to treasure.

This year I plan to spend some time with Mum and Dad on Monday at the place where their ashes are scattered on the North Downs. I'm then spending Christmas with my nephew and his wife and we'll of course be raising a glass to Mum and Dad and my big sister, his mum, who passed away 11 years ago.

The first Christmas without these three very special people is going to feel very strange.
Hugs Juggler,
This will be my third xmas , since Mum passed , my dad died when I was a child
this xmas has been very stressful for me with my own health, I have just got a
letter to go to hospital on Monday, and I am petrified. trying to stay calm at the
moment.
I will be spending Christmas day with my brother, difference being they will not
mention mum, maybe afraid of hurting me. not sure. I spent last Christmas on my
own.
But will be thinking of you on Monday. sending big Hugs
Minnie

PM me anytime. x
Hi Juggler,
((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))) out to you and all at this strange and difficult time.
I have been very flakey for the last 2 weeks over the issue of Christmas, tearful, depressed and snappy. But everyone has been understanding, so I know I am lucky and My 2 children have taken over the whole organisation of the day, bless them, and kept it low key.
Sorry have no constructive answers to give, still looking for them myself and failing miserably Image Image Image
But only one more week, then we can say we've got through it,
lots of love,
Phoebe xxxxx
Big hugs J. x x
Thanks Minnie, Phoebe and No1. x

Big hugs to all who are also going through a 'first' Christmas including Myrtle, Big Bear, Phoebe, Ollie, Melly, Mads, JHR57, Mr Turk, Delboy, Bowlingbun, Brian, Wendy, Maribou and Baked Bean.
Apologies to those I've missed.
Jx
(((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) to you all too

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Like all of you it was very difficult for me , I did not even send cards out missed putting Lyns name on them , but people understood .... Image
Spent the day with Dj and Amy shed tears , but a cuddle from my boy put me in the right frame of mind ... Be glad when this year is over ....

Wishing you all well for 2014 .... Image Image
Hugs Delboy.

I skipped cards for a number of people on didn't do my usual letter. Most people knew why and I put a brief line in for others.

Christmas Eve hit me hardest. Instead of racing around and then whizzing off to collect Dad I sat quietly at home listening to music and thinking of times past...and realising it was the four month anniversary...till I went off to midnight mass and then onto my nephew's (got to their's at 2am!). The rest of the time was easier than I'd expected as I was kept busy, talking, eating, drinking and going out for some fresh air.

How did others get on?
Jx
Even though this was the second Christmas without Mum it still didn't 'feel' like Christmas ! Even before caring I always used to spend the period from Christmas Eve to New Year's Day with Mum and I haven't got used to her not being here yet; waking up alone on Christmas Day morning was hard.

If it hadn't been for my great-nieces and great-nephews I don't think I'd have bothered celebrating at all - thank heavens for small children Image
Hi everyone, would like to raise a virtual glass to all of us who managed to get through it and have come out the other side relatively intact
love Phoebs xxxxxxxxxxx