A new world order

For anyone who is bereaved or no longer providing care.
Something strange has happened. I seem to have woken up to find myself in the middle of a new world order.

Truth is that I've been in a very different world to the rest of my friends and colleagues for some time. I'm now re-entering 'normality' and everything seems to have changed. Colleagues who were new when I last looked have now moved their careers on and are running the show...and I've become one of the reliable part-timers on the edge of retirement.

I've also changed though - for the better I think. Once upon a time I was one of the rising stars but recent years of caring for Dad have made me look at life differently. I guess I'm seeing the world through different eyes now. So much time is lost on the triviality of work politics and pointless pieces of paper. As the saying goes, nobody dies wishing they'd spent more time at the office!
I think you are right, Juggler X
Juggler - couldn't agree more. office politics, keeping in with the boss, working overtime simply to "look good at work"- all rubbish and meaningless.
The truely important things in life cannot be measured in money and promotion.

Love Phoebe xxx
I'm feeling quite out of synch with work and finding it hard to get motivated. Not sure what I want and far more time on my hands than I've had in recent years.
I guess it's all part of the grief process and will take time.
Hi Juggler,

Just a thought. Yes, you are going the bereavement process and that takes its own time

However, I am not, and have the same thoughts about work as you do. Is it, dare I say, just our age, and that compared to caring responsibilities, it all seems so pointless? Quite useful on the money side though ....
Anne: True! Image
But it's the lack of ability to focus that's getting to me at the moment. Between that and a lack of motivation it's like walking through treacle.
Jx
Anne]http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_wink.gif[/img]
But it's the lack of ability to focus that's getting to me at the moment. Between that and a lack of motivation it's like walking through treacle.
Jx
sounds very familiar Image I'm still finding it difficult enough to focus on just the day to day stuff like getting out of bed, washing, dressing etc. Image Think I'd crack up altogether if I had to cope with work as well ! Although when Dad died (25 years ago) I did find that work was my saviour, but then I was 25 years younger and work was more important to me than it would be now.
Everything you have all said strikes a chord. I find it so difficult to concentrate at work, and get motivated. I keep thinking banking is not for me, and I would like to find something more worthwhile and interesting. However two things are keeping me there for now, at least. (well, 3, if you count the fact that I need the money Image ) 1) the girls are all Image onderful and we have all been friends a long time and 2), i know that now is not the time for me to make decisons like that.
love Phoebe xxxx