Working and carers allowance

For information and discussion about benefits
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I am a carer but would like to return to work. I've been offered work but it's not fixed hrs and it's term time. Basically if I don't work I don't get paid. So bank holidays, sick days and term time. The work is not always available either so I cannot give a definite yearly wage!?

Advice welcomed please as some weeks I will be earning over £110 and others nothing.......

Many thanks :)
Hello Kelly and welcome to the forum :)

Firstly I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits.
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

0808 808 7777
advice@carersuk.org
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.
If you can’t get through on the phones (lines are often oversubscribed) then send them an email, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.

In the meantime you might like to check out the Carers UK Fact Sheet on Carers Allowance. It gives some examples of working and still being eligible for Carers Allowance.

http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice ... -allowance