Moving my parent over to PIP, will our benefits stop?

For information and discussion about benefits
So just like the title states. Quite stressful. Will we each be losing our benefits whilst the transfer takes place?
Hi .... there a few web links on " Transition from DLA to PIP " which should answer a few questions.

Here are just two of them :

Money Advice Service :

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/e ... or-stopped

Citizen's Advice Bureau :

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benef ... u-get-dla/

I recommend reading through both guides , and returning to us for any further ( Specific ) information , perhaps from a reader who has had a similar experience first hand ?

Are they in an area schedule for the Universal Credit rollout ?

If so , that will open up another hornet's nest !
Carers UK's own Adviceline is a really excellent source of advice so I suggest that you contact them about all matters related to caring and benefits. They often know more than any DWP staff !
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

Freephone: 0808 808 7777
email: advice@carersuk.org

Carers UK’s advice and information team based in London is undergoing staff changes. This means the Adviceline is closed on Thursdays and Fridays whilst we recruit and train new members of staff. We will be taking calls on Monday – Wednesday between 10am and 4pm. . You can email or write to the Adviceline and we will respond to your enquiries within five working days.

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 10am to 4pm.

If you can’t get through on the phones (lines are often oversubscribed) then send them an email, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.
Hi,
in our case DLA was paid until the PIP application was processed. I think the trouble only starts if the PIP application is rejected and you appeal.

Melly1
It was the same with us - they paid DLA to my husband until their PIP decision was made and so continued to pay my carers allowance. Fortunately the PIP decision was what we were hoping to get so my carers continued uninterrupted. It all depends on what they give you following their (pointless and stupid!) assessments and if you have to get a mandatory reconsideration or appeal.