Very worried.

For information and discussion about benefits
As a carer I am very concerned about the future with the awful welfare cut backs.My Husband isn't well &
Neither am I as I too have a failed Hip replacement.There seems to be no change for the carers allowance.US carers are saving this government from thousands of pounds.regards Amanda h
I think very many people, both carers and those who are facing illness, disabilities or ageing, share your concerns.

Unfortunately, none of us can know what the future will bring and the most important thing right now IMHO is that you make sure that you and your husband are properly assessed and that you claim for everything that you are entitled to. Do you have a local Carers Centre? If so, make sure that you are registered with then and that you get updates from them so that you can see what support is available locally, eg carers support groups and activities.

Best wishes from a former carer.
Same here ,i am a long time labour voter ,but after reading that they are going to carry on with the tory benefit cuts if they get elected ,i am not going to bother .
I have spent the last few months complaining to our local mps who have agreed the system is shocking for carers and they are going to see about bringing this up at the parliament.

It annoys me so much we are basically slaves for the government saving them money instead of bringing in paid professional carers but we just get treated like idiots.

The length of time it takes for them to simply even look at your claim right now is 3-5 weeks because they are short staff and running behind which I find shocking!

For a lot of people 60 odd pound a week might not be much to them or simply just pennies but for some carers its a choice between feeding your family or paying bills and when they are making you wait for so long for a payment which usually leaves you short and you end up in debt just waiting for a payment to come through.

Its about time something was done about this they wont listen to us until we shout loud enough!!
I just wanted to make the point that Labour have pledged to reverse a lot of the cuts, look into benefits assessments and Jeremy Corbyn has said that he would bring CA into line with JSA.
I can relate to your concerns, after all the hard work treated as slaves. These policies are never been sustainable if implemented and i prefer not to vote them
David C
I think perhaps you might be wrongly informed regarding labour on Social Security. Check out page 53 on Labour's manifesto regarding Social Security below, Jess is right:

http://www.labour.org.uk/page/-/Images/ ... 202017.pdf

Of course, going on the tories past record, whether Labour puts those changes into effect or not, assuming they get in, is another matter.
I can clearly remember Cameron declaring to Parliament, in Parliament, that disabled people would be uneffected by the bedroom tax, yet over 60% of Social Housing tenants affected by the bedroom tax ARE disabled. He was either lying through his teeth (it is a criminal offense to lie to Parliament) and is a criminal, or so ignorant of his own party's policies and effects he was/is a total incompetent.

Personally, I hope Labour don't get in because I believe things have gone to far regarding cuts and so-called austerity, which unsurprisingly only affects those on low incomes. When the full effects of past cuts really come home to roost then being in power will be a poisoned chalice and a half. Brexit will be the least of it.
Let the tories, whose ideological drivel will cause so much damage regardless of whose in power, carry the can.
This is how much of a cynic I have become, and I am not proud of it. I'm with Claudius, the roman emperor, who is reputed to have said, "Let the poisions rise up," about the extent of corruption.

I wouldn't be at all if Theresa May actually wants to lose this election... I wouldn't want JAM's turning sour on my watch, and they will, with what's coming in with UC.
Jams ?, if labour get in they might cancel UC as a bad job ,which it is .
There is a book called From Blitz To Blair ,it gives a different view of events than you would get from right wing writers .
In it it says most of the times labour have got in they have been left a mess by the tories .
Don't know if it would be better to vote tatically sic .
Hi David C

I emailed the Labour party, last Sunday evening) about your fears over L also intend instigating tory benefit cuts, as follows (no idea where the “This email originates....” bit came from. It wasn’t in my original email, but under Labour’s reply where they replicated my original email.)

"This email originates external to The Labour Party network "

Dear Sir or Madam

Is it true that Labour are planning to stick with the benefit cuts that the tories have/wish to instigate?
If so, what cuts and why?

I have no money to give the Labour party, only time. This is a question I keep being asked on the doorstop. I need answers ASAP to give to potential Labour voters.

Yours sincerely

Labour party reply back (Yesterday at 1.14pm) from frontbench@labour.org.uk

Dear X ,

The Tories are failing to support working people.

They are pressing ahead with huge cuts to Universal Credit which will hit working people hard - some families will be an average of £2,600 a year worse off.

Low wage and insecure employment has grown dramatically under the Tories, with real wages forecast to remain below their 2008 levels until at least 2021.

The so-called ‘National Living Wage’ is not a real Living Wage and does not compensate for cuts elsewhere. The Government was forced to admit it won’t hit £9 an hour by 2020, as previously promised. This will leave a full-time worker on the National Living Wage over £1,300 worse off by 2020.

Labour believes the Work Capability Assessment (WCA) is not fit for purpose. Over half of assessment decisions taken to appeal are being overturned. Labour will scrap the WCA and replace it with a system based on personalised, holistic support.

Labour has won important victories against this Tory Government on tax credits and Personal Independence Payments, and there is so much more we can achieve to make a real difference to people's lives.

Labour will invest in the high-skill, high-wage jobs of the future so that work always pays.

Labour will write a real living wage into law, so everyone will earn enough to live on.

Labour will stand up for working people and build a fairer economy for the future that works for all, so that no one and no community is left behind.

Labour relies on its activists and supporters to spread the Labour message – together we can ensure a Labour government is elected on the 8 June. To lend a hand in the campaign, please visit http://www.events.labour.org.uk. To sign-up to lend a hand on polling day, please visit http://www.labour.org.uk/w/polling-day-volunteers.

Best wishes,

Kat
Membership Services and Correspondence
The Labour Party

Hope this is of use to you. I’ve canvassed a couple of times on behalf of my dad’s Labour MP. She’s very good (I’ve used her a couple of times) and way better than that awful Ester McVile she supplanted in 2015. However, she only has a 429 voter majority, so it’s a real swing constituency.

Regarding tactical voting, I’d rather not. But given our First past the Post voting system, then often one has no choice but to vote tactically.
For instance, I cannot vote in my dad’s constituency as I’m registered in Liverpool so I shall be voting Green instead of Labour. Why?
Because although I have a good Labour Co-op MP (I’ve used her as well many times over the years) she has such a huge majority (20,000+) that there’s no chance of her being booted out.
So I’m voting Green in order that a) Labour do not become complacent and b) I don’t want the Green candidate to lose their deposit!
Seems like hobsons choice right now- Tories will steal all our worldly goods and Labour will get us all blown up! Is there still a Monster Raving Loony Party?