Should I give up work?

For information and discussion about benefits
I am new on here... not sure if this is the right place to post this...
I am a carer to my husband and nine year old son, who are both on the autistic spectrum, and my 12yo daughter who has specific learning difficulties and dyspraxia. My health is not brilliant, but I am still working 30hours at the moment.
My dilemma is, when do I give up and stop work? I don't know what help we could get if I leave work... We seem to fall through every gap in the system whenever I try to get help... None of them gets any help or support from social services, so I don't qualify for a carers assessment. I'm not even sure whether I should put in a claim for carer's allowance for my disabled husband to look after my disabled son...
Any ideas what help we might get please? Financial or practical?
http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice ... assessment
You will be entitled to an assessment regardless of the amount or type of care you provide, your financial means or your level of need for support. You don’t necessarily have to live with the person you are looking after or be caring full-time to have an assessment. You may be juggling work and care and this is having a big impact on your life.

You can have an assessment whether or not the person you are looking after has had a needs assessment, or if the local council have decided they are not eligible for support.

Having a carers assessment will open up other avenues for you family. The assessment will incorporate the needs of the whole family.

There is no need to stop work unless you really would want too.
The council have refused to give me a carers assessment...

The problem I've got is that my son has loads of appointments that my husband cannot take him to... So I have to take time off work to take him. I've already used up all my annual leave for the year and he has more appointments to come. I haven't yet been in this job a year, so not yet entitled to carers leave. And that's without even considering my husband's appointments where he needs someone with him... His health is steadily deteriorating as a result. So I can carry on working but I will have to neglect my son's appointments as well as my husband's and no time off to recover myself either.
http://www.carersuk.org/files/section/4 ... l-2015.pdf

read page 6

Call the carers UK advice line or send an email.