Misuse of blue badge

For information and discussion about benefits
Just cost this lady £860 . Well done Somerset
I saw this on the BBC and thought you s ... t-38694406
Yes I payed for a blue badge for my husband who is in a wheelchair I have 2 young kids. We struggle to find a space where ever we go. Not enough is done to police them if you approach someone who is not displaying a badge you get verbal abuse. McDonalds worst place for it in Kidderminster. Able bodied people park in them after they been through drive through.
Clare, each time this happens, take a photo, and send to the council or company responsible for the space, if it continues, send to the loczl paper. I live in a busy tourist town and found businesses working or delivering locally would use them!
Its about time something got sorted about this. We have lived in both Kiddy and N Somerset so can relate to both areas but it is obviously a big problem everywhere. We now live in S Yorks and have complained a few times about non blue badge cars in the blue badge areas. Another point which is annoys me is when we get stared at for parking in a blue badge parking area the reason being we own a "white van" if only people checked to see if we had a badge before they gave us the dirty looks. I now wave it around before I put it on display but I am sure people don't believe us until we get the scooter out or if its a quick visit see just how badly Ps mobility is.

On a slightely different but similar note my mil is disabled and has told me she has had to park in the parent and child parking space as there were no disabled bays left and was abused by a mother who had parked in the parent and child bay but had no child with her at the time. :roll:
Clare_1702 wrote:Yes I payed for a blue badge for my husband who is in a wheelchair I have 2 young kids. We struggle to find a space where ever we go. Not enough is done to police them if you approach someone who is not displaying a badge you get verbal abuse. McDonalds worst place for it in Kidderminster. Able bodied people park in them after they been through drive through.
Remember though a lot of time McDonald's are on private land owned by the store or a management company in which case it is not a council issue as they can do little. So complain to the management company or the store (eg; supermarket or restaurant)
It's not only parking without a blue badge.
Many is the time I have seen someone use a blue badge
and walk away briskly without any impediment.

They could easily park elsewhere and so free up a
disabled parking bay for someone who has great
difficulty in walking.
Albert you might see them walking "briskly" on the way in but do you see what they are like when they come back to the vehicle. Do you perhaps have a medical degree whereby you can tell simply by looking at someone that they should not have a blue badge? I am sick of people making value judgements about those of us with hidden disabilities. I no longer stand and explain to these nosy twats what my disability is - I tell them I legally have a blue badge and why I have it is of on concern to anyone else!

Eun
Just to add I have seen people park up and the able person run off into the shop and leave the disabled person in the car with the blue badge on display. They then return to the car with the shopping and drive off obviously thinking that having the disabled person with them although they arent getting out of the car is ok to park in a disabled bay.

We are awaiting a new blue badge at the moment as Ps has expired and even though he struggles to move wont park in the disabled bay until we get the new one.
Eun wrote:Albert you might see them walking "briskly" on the way in but do you see what they are like when they come back to the vehicle.
Eun
Yes I do.
I go weekly to a large DIY store with a café overlooking the car park
so can I sit overlooking the disabled bay just below.....
.....where my own car is parked.
Many is the time I have seen a blue badge user walk briskly into the
store and return briskly carrying pots of paint etc.
Maybe they are not disabled or maybe some are.
As the first post illustrates, the Blue Badge applies to the named person only. It is illegal to use a Blue Badge belonging to someone else, living or dead.

It is also illegal for the Badge holder to remain in a car parked in a disabled space, while someone else leaves the car temporarily.