Lost to the system

For information and discussion about benefits
Do you have written evidence that you complained to ATOS?
Speak to our Carers UK helpline asap, because I'm sure there are ways round the 30 day deadline under some circumstances.
Tomorrow, write to DWP, send the letter "signed for" and say that you were confused and complained to ATOS, not realising you had to tell DWP as well, enclosing correspondence with ATOS. ATOS should have told you that you needed to inform DWP.
You say "DWP told me..." so have you spoken to them already? When?

On a number of occasions I've been given incorrect information by DWP, the CUK helpline is much more reliable, so don't give up hope yet.
Can you contact your local councillor or MP. It is amazing how things get push along and changed. Once someone in government office gets involved.
http://www.thecomplainingcow.co.uk/hold ... -go-wrong/
sunnydisposition wrote:Can you contact your local councillor or MP. It is amazing how things get push along and changed. Once someone in government office gets involved.
http://www.thecomplainingcow.co.uk/hold ... -go-wrong/
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benef ... -to-start/
bowlingbun wrote:Do you have written evidence that you complained to ATOS?
Speak to our Carers UK helpline asap, because I'm sure there are ways round the 30 day deadline under some circumstances.
Tomorrow, write to DWP, send the letter "signed for" and say that you were confused and complained to ATOS, not realising you had to tell DWP as well, enclosing correspondence with ATOS. ATOS should have told you that you needed to inform DWP.
You say "DWP told me..." so have you spoken to them already? When?

On a number of occasions I've been given incorrect information by DWP, the CUK helpline is much more reliable, so don't give up hope yet.
Hi and yes I keep copies of all letters sent out both on my laptop and in paper form. I submitted evidence to ATOS that the DWP have never seen simply because their forms said only to send what I had AND not to ask for evidence. I ignored them after the decision came through and paid for the complete medical file from his GP.
I sent an email to the helpline yesterday so hoping for a reply soon.
I don't understand the second part of your post. I have already contacted the DWP some days after getting the decision letter telling them that we don't have a problem with their decision per sec as it is right IF they use the assessors report. Our beef is about the report itself which has caused the bad decision.
It's the DWP when I contacted them again who said that we were too late to put in for a reconsideration.
Did you keep a copy of your original claim form?

Wait a month or so and phone up, say that he has deteriorated in one respect or another and request the new feature should be assessed.

You should get a copy o the list of things they look at and the range of capability in each heading.

Ask in your library if they have the Child Poverty Action Group CPAG manuals on benefits.

There are about three volumes, very comprehensive , which has a whole chapter on PIP
Colin_1705 wrote:Did you keep a copy of your original claim form?

Wait a month or so and phone up, say that he has deteriorated in one respect or another and request the new feature should be assessed.

You should get a copy o the list of things they look at and the range of capability in each heading.

Ask in your library if they have the Child Poverty Action Group CPAG manuals on benefits.

There are about three volumes, very comprehensive , which has a whole chapter on PIP

Thanks yes we have a copy.
What happens if he hasn't deteriorated, are we supposed to lie?

Your suggestion is good, but if we were to be able to read and understand those types of books, there is no doubt that we would have made a better job of filling out the PIP2 than the Visiting Officer did.
We are not that capable. You could say - we need a guiding hand.
On top of that we have already been warned that if the DWP do a Change of Circumstance it will mean another face to face assessment and it starts all over again. We are trying to avoid having another assessment.