income support putting me in debt with over payments

For information and discussion about benefits
I have managed to get myself a cleaning job at a wedding venue thats 4 hours a week i claim carers and income support in August my boss asked me to do 2 extra hours through the peak season until the end of october. I accepted and phoned income support telling them of the changes I was told that i have to wait and send off 3 pay slips with the new hours. I get paid every other week so I was concerned about the overpayments I would get during this time. I waited 4 weeks and took 2 pay slips into the job centre and had them emailed over to income support, I also had a phone call to confirm they had it and would send me a letter confirming the changes then they will claim an overpayment back its now 9 weeks later and i dont have any letters and my income support hasn't gone down I'm worried because they are putting me In debt that I can't afford any more this is 13 weeks now,as it is after bills ect I only have £20 a week to get what I need, what should I do? Should i continue waiting? Could I appeal and say they had put me in more debt when they already had all the information they wanted?
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benef ... erpayment/

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

https://www.gov.uk/benefit-overpayments ... to-be-made

Call the carers support line...

If you have done all in your power by informing of your changes. If there has been an over payment your case will be look on favourable. However, as this is causing you stress I would personally write a compliant (see above). This will show you are a responsible individual and should be treated accordingly.

Every document you supply/send always take copies and record date/s.
I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits and will be able to give you advice based on your particular circumstances.
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

Freephone: 0808 808 7777
email: advice@carersuk.org

Carers UK’s advice and information team based in London is undergoing staff changes. This means the Adviceline is closed on Thursdays and Fridays whilst we recruit and train new members of staff. We will be taking calls on Monday – Wednesday between 10am and 4pm. . You can email or write to the Adviceline and we will respond to your enquiries within five working days.

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 10am to 4pm.

If you can’t get through on the phones (lines are often oversubscribed) then send them an email, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.