Income support or esa

For information and discussion about benefits
My husband has lost his job and is now on sick with mental health issues, I also stuff with mental health issues and a carer for my daughter I'm so confused about which benefit to apply for as a couple or separately
The very best advice I can give you is to contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits.
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

Freephone: 0808 808 7777
email: advice@carersuk.org
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.
If you can’t get through on the phones (lines are often oversubscribed) then send them an email, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.
First of all your husband could apply for ESA
Does your daughter qualify for getting PIP, or is she already getting DLA
The other reason you should approach CUK (re:susies post) or similar services independent of the "system" is because from experience (I say this as both a current carer and someone that has done time with CAB and similar support services in the past) is dwp have been known to string people along and deliberately mislead/fail to provide correct information to the claimant.
I already get dla for my daughter and was wondering weather to jointly claim esa or income support
Thanks all think I need to seek advice
Be sure to contact our CUK helpline. DWP told me repeatedly I couldn't claim something, because they didn't know their own rules!!! CUK gave me everything I needed to claim, making me £50 a week better off, which I badly needed at the time. So don't hesitate, send them an email and they will get back to you very quickly.