does carers benefit affect other benefits

For information and discussion about benefits
My daughter contracted vasculitis in October and was in a coma and flown to Leicester for ecmo treatment I have since too early retirement I was wondering if I claimed carers allowance would it effect my daughter benefit money at all. Is there anyone who can help never been in this position before so kind of lost
Each case is different Sadie so always best to seek professional help. On this link you will find all details of CarersUK adviceline. They can help with anything benefit related, for both your daughter and yourself

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support- ... bers-24228

x x
Definitely ring our CUK helpline, they are far better informed than the DWP's own helpline! Crazy, but true.
As a carer, you may be able to claim various credits and benefits. The main benefit that you can claim is ‘Carer’s Allowance’ – this is a benefit that replaces earnings, to recognise that you are devoting your time to caring for another person.

If the person you are caring for receives certain benefits, the amount they receive may be affected by your claim for Carer’s Allowance. It is important that both you and the person you care for understand the potential consequences of your claim for Carer’s Allowance.

http://www.litrg.org.uk/tax-guides/disa ... its-carers

The person you are looking after may be getting extra money with their benefit if they are severely disabled and getting any of the following benefits:

Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
Income Support
Employment and Support Allowance
Pension Credit
Housing Benefit.
This extra money is called severe disability premium or the addition for severe disability.

If you are paid Carer’s Allowance for looking after them, this extra money will stop. The person you are looking after cannot get severe disability premium if you are getting Carer’s Allowance.

This could affect any reduction in Council Tax they may be entitled to.

If you have only underlying entitlement to Carer’s Allowance and are not actually paid it, the person you look after will still get any extra money they are entitled to.

Other people, including your partner

If someone else is receiving an increase of benefit in respect of you, for example, an adult dependency increase payable with incapacity benefit, their dependency increase will be adjusted to take account of any Carer’s Allowance payable to you. Generally speaking the dependency increase will no longer be payable.