does carers benefit affect other benefits (2)

For information and discussion about benefits
Hi could someone please explain to me what the underlying entitlement to carers allowance is, and who you have to inform when you get it? I'm a full time carer to my disabled son, and also work and get over the £116 a week that stops you getting carers but I've been told about the underlying entitlement and I have never heard of it before.

Thank you
Does he get PIP?
I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits.
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

Freephone: 0808 808 7777
email: advice@carersuk.org
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.

If you can’t get through on the phones (lines are often oversubscribed) then send them an email, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.
Kathryn, would you like to tell us a bit more about your son, age, and disability? It may be that he too is entitled to more money.
Depending on his age and his benefits, if you claim CA it might reduce his benefit by a corresponding amount. I always like benefits to a game of Snakes and Ladders, however the helpline are really great, they know all the rules, not just some of them. It's so important to get proper advice so you don't inadvertently shoot yourself in the foot, so to speak!!!
Most Libraries in their reference section have CPAG child poverty action group publications on all the DWP benefits which are very comprehensive