dad on esa pip i get carers allowance need help

For information and discussion about benefits
hi, I currently help my father who is disabled, he gets income related esa and high rate pip for mobility and middle rate care. I do get carers allowance for him, I am 19 years old and self employed doing a few hours a week (around 4 hours) doing IT work. does anyone know if I can claim income support as well? thanks in advance. :D
I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits.
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

Freephone: 0808 808 7777
email: advice@carersuk.org
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.

If you can’t get through on the phones (lines are often oversubscribed) then send them an email, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.

In the meantime it might help to have a read of the Carers UK Factsheet on Carers Allowance
http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice ... -allowance

and here
http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice ... e-benefits
Hi Jason, welcome to the forum.
I'm concerned about your future plans. It's all very well caring for dad, but what will happen to you when your caring role ends?
Have you asked your local social services department for a "Carers Assessment" so you can talk things through with them. Do you want to be dad's full time carer, or would you like someone else to help as well? What is your housing situation? If you are caring for dad, and he's in rented property, will the tenancy pass over to you when he can no longer live there?
I don't want to alarm you, but these are very important issues that you need to be aware of.
If you could tell us how old dad is, and what is wrong with him, and what help you currently give, we might be able to offer a few ideas for you to consider.