College and income support / carers allowence

For information and discussion about benefits
Hello, My husband gets top mobility and basic daily living pip. He is currently retraining to get back into work. My question is does anyone know if he is able to do a part time college course without it affecting our benefits?
I get carers allowence for him and I did a course last year which did not sffect our money however im unsure as to whether it will affect us if he himself does a course? Does anyone know or has anyone been in this situation?
Carers UK has a brilliant helpline for this sort of query. If you email them you will have an excellent reply, usually within a week.
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

Freephone: 0808 808 7777
email: advice@carersuk.org
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.
If you can’t get through on the phones (lines are often oversubscribed) then send them an email, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.