Carers allowance and earning over £102 (now £110) per week.

For information and discussion about benefits
Missed this earlier. My interpretation of the rules is that any costs that are directly linked to providing the caree with a service whilst you are notionally working, such as swimming lessons or even in theory any payment that is exclusive to the caree's needs (such as driving lessons or a buddy), are probably OK, whilst any costs that are directly attributed to a relative or carer, are not. All you can do under the present system is fill out the form honestly as you can, and try to keep it very simple and clear, with receipts, their clerks are not very bright but they will likely spot it if you are trying it on.
The other thing that is very flexible is 'work related ' expenses that can be deducted.
Sure I get a mileage allowance from work of 32p per mile, and this does not constitute an income as it is merely repayment of expenses.
If I make a profit, say by running an electric car, which I do, at a running cost of around 3p per mile, then that is my business.
Actually I claim back the excess every year in my annual tax return because the Inland revenue allows 45p per mile, so anything lower than that is tax deductible.
Not a lot of people know that, either. But it is worth a few hundred quid for the average 10k per annum driver.
Approved mileage rates from 2011
From 2011 to 2012
First 10,000 business miles in the tax year
(Each business mile over 10,000 in the tax year)
Cars and vans 45p (25p)
Motor cycles 24p (24p)
Bicycles 20p (20p)
Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... allowances
Hi Scally
Thanks for that.
I claimed back business mileage last year after great tedious lenghthy calculations and got an increased tax allowance of an additional 1500ish. This seemed a waste of time as due to the carers income rules you can't earn enough to make use of the additional tax allowance.
Sure you can! But you need to recycle it through a private pension plan, and claim every penny you can back.
Hi Scally
Oh yes I see what you mean but you need enough funds to be able to put into the pension in the first place and once the savings have run out you need the CA to live off so it's catch 22.
It isn't Catch 22 as long as you are financially above water. My partner earns a decent salary, and I have an occupational pension, that pays the bills, so I have the luxury of being able to earn money without needing it, hence it can all - or mostly - go into the pension pot. Nothing is wasted, in fact the government tops up the pension you save by 25% making it a no brainer. It is a really crap system in terms of meeting the needs of the truly penniless, but we arent all in that position, and in some cases, knowing the rules can make all the difference between thinking that you can't afford to work, and realising that you can.
Dear Scally,

You really know your stuff. Very impressive, insightful and articulate.
I feel like I've just had a huge weight lifted just by seeing that there really is someone with the skills, knowledge and tenacity that I've been lacking.

I noticed from your profile that you are in Scotland. Is everything you detail in your post applicable to England too?

Please take a moment to read my new-comers post and may I ask for your assistance in getting some form of income. It's all so complicated my brain simply shuts down and my eyes glaze over when confronted with bureaucracy.

You've given me hope! If I may ask for solid help?
Service deserves service in return. Please view my profile and we can discuss how I may repay your efforts. I don't value wealth, what I value is my Mothers' health.

Look forwards to hearing from you! :)
Amumu.

Link to post : http://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-a ... 1502-22372

PS. Please use Private Message.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

คาสิโนออนไลน์ ในรูปแบบใหม่ล่าสุดจาก ปอยเปต คาสิโน รีสอร์ท ได้ที่นี่ royal1688
Hi
Just wondered if anyone who is an irregular earner has received a payment from DWP since April?
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

คาสิโนออนไลน์ ในรูปแบบใหม่ล่าสุดจาก ปอยเปต คาสิโน รีสอร์ท ได้ที่นี่ royal1688