Attendance Allowence saved

For information and discussion about benefits
Received email from 38% campaign group today informing me that their petition to stop AA from being scrapped has been successful.
This was a great worry to many as if AA had been scapped, then presumably carers would have lost their CA too causing untold problems for many.
I'll copy the email below so others can check this out too, including Sajid Javid's speech.

Dear friends,

Thanks for signing the petition to save Attendance Allowance, I’m writing to let you know that we won the campaign!

The government was drawing up plans to abolish it at the beginning of last year. Attendance allowance is a benefit payable to people over the age of 65 who have care needs, including difficulties with everyday tasks such as dressing and washing. This money can make all the difference between living and existing.

I’ve just noticed that Communities Secretary Sajid Javid slipped out an announcement backing down on the plans at at the Local Government Association (LGA) councillors' forum on 19 January 2017

You can read his full speech here: https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/ ... government

Specifically this bit
“Today I can confirm that the localisation of Attendance Allowance is no longer being considered as part of the business rates reforms.

I’ll be announcing further details on business rates reforms shortly.

But I can tell you now that Attendance Allowance will not be included.”

This is fantastic news, and thank you so much to everyone that signed the petition and emailed the minister to help put pressure on him.

It looks as though Attendance Allowance is safe for now!

Many Thanks

Denise Fellows
Seemed a little " Odd " from the very beginning.

An universal benefit of sorts to be decentralised ?

Save even more monies , let's give this one ago ?

Not clearly thought out , me thinks.

Very weak case to begin with.
Lets not forget the suggestion was 1st raised by Labour and we fought it then too.

x x
2009 ?

Who could possibly forget that year in carer history ?

The fallout from which is still falling , and for many more years.

Still , there are survivors ....