PIP DELAYS UNLAWFUL, JUDGE RULES

For information and discussion about benefits
Disabled Go have recently loaded an article on facebook about two people whose PIP claim was unreasonably delayed, and they went to court. The judge ruled that there had been unreasonable delay. Hopefully it might help someone here too?
I have tried to do a link three times without success, maybe someone else could do it?
Hi BB

Here's a link I found on the net for you.

http://voxpoliticalonline.com/2015/06/0 ... -guardian/

This Vox Political bloke's blog is fascinating (I've only recently discovered it.) His latest story is about a woman with Parkinson's, and a brain tumour, being found "Fit for Work" by Atos/Maximus (same difference!)

I've also come across a report about the WCA (Work Capability Assessment) which goes a long way to explaining these bizarre decisions... I bet the same applies to PIP assessments. It's about 12 pages long (fully referenced) but well worth reading; it explains a lot.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to copy it to post up here (info is power and all that), so you're not the only one :S Annoying, isn't it :pinch:

I'm going to have to pester my nephew - yet again, the poor sod - to show me how to copy a PDF file (what the hell is that anyway? And whilst I'm at it I'll ask him what the hell are Cookies?) :-???
My son's PIP assessment form arrived yesterday morning. It asks for supporting information from his Social workers etc. Now he's om direct payments he doesn't have one, do hope this isn't going to be a problem.
Sajehar wrote:Hi BB

Here's a link I found on the net for you.

http://voxpoliticalonline.com/2015/06/0 ... -guardian/

This Vox Political bloke's blog is fascinating (I've only recently discovered it.) His latest story is about a woman with Parkinson's, and a brain tumour, being found "Fit for Work" by Atos/Maximus (same difference!)

I've also come across a report about the WCA (Work Capability Assessment) which goes a long way to explaining these bizarre decisions... I bet the same applies to PIP assessments. It's about 12 pages long (fully referenced) but well worth reading; it explains a lot.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to copy it to post up here (info is power and all that), so you're not the only one :S Annoying, isn't it :pinch:

I'm going to have to pester my nephew - yet again, the poor sod - to show me how to copy a PDF file (what the hell is that anyway? And whilst I'm at it I'll ask him what the hell are Cookies?) :-???
@Sajehar

This is a cookie :lol: i know, just couldn't resist :mrgreen:

Royd

Somewhat off topic, but your reply made me belly laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for that :silly:

I showed it to my mum.
She replied, "Can you eat biscuits from a tindle?" (Her word for a computer/laptop.)

"Not really mum."

"That's a shame... good way to diet when you think about it."

Still thinking on that :huh: