Advice On Carers Allowance

For information and discussion about benefits
Hi
Wondering if someone could give me some advice on entitlement. I might be taking voluntary redundancy and was wondering if I could claim?
I would be caring for my daughter over 35 hours/week who receives PIP at enhanced rate for Daily Living & Mobility. She also receives ESA including Support group & Disability Income Guarantee
My wife would still be working and I would be earning less than £116/week

I've read that if you claim carers allowance you would stop receiving "Severe Disability Premium" but not sure what that means?
Would like to know if Im entitled before taking VR. Any advice would be appreciated?
Thanks
Brian
Hello Brian

I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits.
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

0808 808 7777
advice@carersuk.org
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm
The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.

(If you can’t get through on the phones (lines are often oversubscribed) then send them an email, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.)

In the meantime have a read of the Carers Fact Sheet on Carers Allowance here
http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice ... -allowance
Ok thanks
Been trying the phone number all week with no luck
Brian_1705123 wrote:Been trying the phone number all week with no luck
As I said previously Brian, it's usually better to email them - just copy and paste your original post here into an email and they will get back to you within 3-5 working days. The Adviceline team are very good at what they do so the phone lines are usually very busy - although the team has been expanded we could have twice the number of advisors available and still not be able to answer all the incoming calls.

Their email address is advice@carersuk.org