Why are Social Workers so vilified?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
132 posts
Irene_1509 wrote:My husband took a turn for the worse seven weeks ago and was very unwell. His carer in the morning struggled to get him out of bed onto his feet to get him dressed and had to call to her office for help from another carer. This happened again in the evening so the following morning I telephoned the care office (local council), to suggest that they really needed to put two carers in morning and night. I was informed later that they had contacted my husband's social worker who said that in his opinion only one carer was required. I asked what the hell did he know of my husband's health since he hadn't seen him for six months! I was furious, however when I reminded the supervisor that it was their staff who were at risk of hurting themselves trying to haul my husband it, they very quickly agreed to two carers attending.

Social workers stick their noses in when it is nothing to do with them. I had two turned up on my doorstep last week to speak to me without previously contacting me, about their concerns with my caring of my husband. They were sent away with an extremely large flea in their ears by both my husband and myself to the effect that he was well cared for, clean and fed. They then contacted the Mental Health Unit to have him assessed as to having capacity to make decisions about his welfare. Ofcourse when the Psychiatrist spoke to him, she was in total agreement that he was in sane mind and could make his own decisions etc.

Both myself and my husband were extremely stressed and upset about all this which had proved to be a total waste of everyone's time. Don't mention social workers to me. Red rag to a bull!!!!!!
Hiya Irene, I am so sorry to hear about your awful experience at the hands of social care and their social workers and it is exactly like Melly said the very second they are questioned about being wrong they turn the bully. They also 'stick the knuckle dusters on' to bully underhandedly and more so in todays terms than ever before. I feel the same...Red rag to a bull Xx
When my daughter was having her first child she lived at home...Social workers bulldozed their way in and started 'child protection' and sited my son who has autism as a reason to 'remove' my daughters child and to remove her also. They offered no form of help whatsoever and traumatized my daughter the entire way through her pregnancy from start to finish. They even made her attend a child protection meeting to decide her and her unborn child's fate on the day she was due to give birth. What saved the whole thing was a Professor of clinical psychology who had been working with my son for 3 years at the time. He spoke in my sons defence on the final decision meeting. Instantly as soon as he told them clearly they dropped the whole thing but not before they have severely traumatized the whole family terrorizing with terrible consequences and threats of what they intended. I can not tell how awful it was to go through it and the pain and suffering they caused at the same time as my son not having an education placement. After I complained about the whole thing they apologised but carried on victimizing my son. It still continues today and they wonder why they are 'vilified'...not without reason for certain.
https://charmreallyo.wordpress.com/
132 posts