Who is who is what?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
When you are so stressed you are almost incoherent, you're tired, worried, short of money and Social Workers don't attach themselves to you like they used to, so you don't know who you are speaking to...........................

The Phone Rings.....

it could be work.....
it could be friends....
it could be the care agency..... or anyone.

but it is someone called CARE DIRECT mmmm have I clocked them before?

I have heard of someone called DEVON CARERS...... I think......

But then there is also someone called DEVON CARES

and you know what?? I do not give any prizes to these lot for originality....ooh there is also CARERSUK but I don't get mixed up with them, they are MY FRIENDS.
I play dumb when I get calls from people I don't know. If someone asks to speak to me, using my full name, I know they are a stranger, because I always refer to myself using the shortened version. Then I ask them to speak more slowly as I can't understand their accent or have had a cold so have "a slight hearing problem right now". These usually sort out the unwanted callers from people I really want to speak to!
When they ask me if I am so and so, I ignore the question and say, " Whose calling please? , that gets rid of 95%. I was feeling playful the other day and strung one along for ages, giving her false, name, address and bank details. When it got to the 3 digit security code on the back of my card I said "999, strange that's the number the police use here in the Uk". Strangely the phone went dead.
I said to one, I do apologise, I can't talk now, the police are here. Slam went the receiver their end! I usually ignore a number I don't recognise, but when you are waiting for an important call it's difficult.
Pet, what a brilliant idea! I'm going to do that in future.