Another unsafe discharge?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
bowlingbun wrote:The bit I'm finding most difficult though, is the fact that the ambulance staff left her there when there was no one at her home to help. Services are far too disjointed, everyone thinks it's someone else's job, but who is someone?
Yes always someone else job. From the issue I had with my Dad I did eventually get hold of an out of hours on call district nurse. She still refused to do anything saying it was the hospitals fault and the system didn't work like that and it was not they're problem.

I did point out that as health professional, now that she knew about the issue, if anything happened to Dad, then she would bear some responsibility if she, in effect, turned him away. That focused attention a bit!
Update
It turns out she was assessed as needing carers but would be self funding so she herself refused them!
. However she is much more confused than anyone thought and so daughter has now arranged carers and home assessments. Someone was there today doing memory tests.
My friend is still popping in to ensure she has a meal. Lady has been left with food but is incapable of preparing it.
So presumably she was assessed as having the mental capacity to make the decision not to have carers? When she was so confused and incapable?! The Law is an Ass.
Yes, I'm sure someone saw an opportunity to free a bed and leapt upon it. ( the opportunity that is, not the bed ;) )

I'm sure it happens a lot
MrsAverage wrote:Yes, I'm sure someone saw an opportunity to free a bed and leapt upon it. ( the opportunity that is, not the bed ;) )

I'm sure it happens a lot
Yes I think that happens a lot. My Dads the same with things like carers - constantly keeps cancelling them.

To be honest, if they said he had to pay, he'd rather live in a cardboard box than spend a £1 of his money to actually help himself (and hes got enough £s that hes never going to spend!)