Thank you

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I have been up a lot of the night with Dad. In the in-between times I have read extensively on this forum. This is a whole new world for me, thank you to everyone on this forum, in reading all the posts I realise how challenging it is for all of us, xxx

It's a different learning curve for each and every one of us. We're all connected by the fact we are carers and we try to help each other in whatever way we can. x x
Yes, this forum certainly saved my sanity too! It's like entering a whole new world...and not one that any of us actually 'want' to be in! (ie, we'd far rather our carees didnt' NEED any care!)

I think that just knowing that others are going through what we are (or in my case, mostly 'was') going through, is enormously reassuring. We are not alone...

And also, if you read some posts, you also realise how well off you are in comparison with others sometimes. I know I am PROFOUNDLY and ABJECTLY grateful that it is my elderly MIL who needs care, and not my young adult son (healthy - at least so far)(I say that because I don't want to take it for granted.).

The forum can put things hugely into perspective.