Epilepsy

For issues related to specific conditions and disabilities.
Epilepsy is more than just a Seizure. It's a life changing condition affecting the person and their families. The myth that someone falls to ground, thrashes about, then takes a tablet and all is well ambiguous. We Parent/Carers know this only so well. :(
Hi Julie,

That is very true. S has complex partial seizures and absences, sometimes people supporting him don't recognise them and they wonder why he is acting as he is ...

When you are ready why not introduce yourself on the New to the Forum thread.

Melly1
Ive had epilepsy,grand mal seizures since i was 5.Ruined my childhood.Everyday was scared to go to school never had many friends never played sports , no proms.The seizure ,convulsions,about 2 to 3 minutes then wetting pants,bitting tongue,takes half day to get memory back then days of headaches.Believe me returning was no picknick to a young kid..After school days lost many jobs because of a seizure.Luckly never had a seizure at a real dangerous area.Lot of broken and bruised spots.Always had someone there when i would wake,parents,wife.Even with epilepsy consider myself lucky.Feel for those that suffer alone,always had someone to care for me.