Benefits advice

For issues specific to caring for someone with learning disabilities
Good morning,
I have a 5 year old son with Noonan Syndrome, newly diagnosed ADHD and learning disability. He is currently in Mainstream school, under assessment for EHCP. he is a very complex child and needs lots of support at home and to manage daily life.
I am starting to feel like I need to give up work to help care for him and be around more to deal with all the associated paperwork, appointments etc.
Can you please advise regarding benefits which might be available to me? My husband works full time also.
I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits.
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

0808 808 7777
advice@carersuk.org
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.

If you can’t get through on the phones (lines are often oversubscribed) then send them an email, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.
Hi there, I would suggest you that you should give up the work to support your son till he is able to do the work by own and after that, you may join your work again.

commercial link in signature removed by moderator
Welcome to the forum. I had never heard of Noonan's syndrome before your post, just looked it up. What part of his care is the biggest challenge at the moment?
My son has severe learning difficulties, hyperactive, mental age around 3 for some things. Please DON'T give up work. I really wish I'd kept working, part time, to keep my own identity and a life away from caring.
My son was entitled to highest DLA (now PIP) for care and mobility from about 4 years old. The Family Fund gave us money towards much needed holidays.
Have Social Services done a Needs Assessment for your son, and a Carers Assessment for you? Find out from them what help and support is available for you locally. As the summer holidays are coming (which I used to dread) do you have access to any playschemes?