Vascular dementia

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
My dads diagnosis was confirmed on Friday,he has vascular dementia I am absolutely devested and heartbroken.
Sad to hear that Tracie. It is heartbreaking. When I had the diagnosis for my husband, I thought to myself at least now I know, and can start to understand the bizzare behaviour he displayed. Then, I knew I had to start to help myself to help him.Not easy, takes time and perseverance, many tears, but as they no longer can be the strong one, we have to try. You will I'm sure.
Hi Tracie
Sorry to hear of your dad's diagnosis. I also have a dad with Vascular dementia following a strokenearly 10 years ago, but it seems to have accelerated in the last year year for him.
I have found the Alzheimers Society web site and their forum talking point a great source of info . They deal with vascular dementia as well as all other kinds of dementia- I really think they should change their name as it puts a lot of people off who dont have an azheimers diagnosis.
I know what am dealing with because father inlaw had vascular dementia and Alzheimer's so does mother inlaw,I am broken and keep crying can't accept it.
(((Tracie)))

How old is your Dad?

Melly1
Melly we was told he could have this in July a week before his 70th birthday but due to holidays and scans and waiting for appointments we got diagnosis last Friday,he is only 70
Melly we was told he could have this in July a week before his 70th birthday but due to holidays and scans and waiting for appointments we got diagnosis last Friday,he is only 70
My husband is only 72. Was diagnosed at 70. Very hard x