Woman with dementia 'has benefits cut by Tories

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
A woman with dementia once praised by former Prime Minister David Cameron has had her benefits stopped over claims that she can care for herself.

Joy Watson was forced to give up her job as a carer after she was diagnosed four years ago and is unable to manage her own medicine or cook because she forgets to turn off the gas.

The 58-year-old and her retired husband Tony are now struggling to pay their bills after the Department for Work and Pensions decided she was able to look after herself.
read in full here
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/wo ... n-10983661
OMG. I feel the punch in the stomach they just must feel. Words fail me :shock:
They have been told it may be as late as next year before an appeal can be heard. Its madness.

x
How awful for them. I'm so sorry and upset to read this :(
I wonder of there is anything the Alzheimer Soc can do to help them ? A letter perhaps?
This is disgraceful to say the least; but I'm not surprised at all!

What angers me is that there are some very unscrupulous people out these who seem to get it all!

This government has a lot to answer for, for what they are doing to genuine people with disabilities but the good always suffer for the bad my Mother used to say and how right she was.

I know a woman who had letters of her Doctor to confirm her disability and how it affected her and a letter off her family support worker who knew the family well and knew the difficulties they faced due to the disability but they appear to have ignored all of that and took note of an assessor who is there for the most part of an hour and doesn't know the woman like her Dr or family support worker? How can this be right!

I hope that there is someone out there who can help this family.