Frustrating care visit - rant needed

For issues specific to caring for someone with dementia.
Just needed to rant this evening. It's really hard with Dad being unpredictable in his needs, his compliance, his moods, his abilities etc . I need care in place to help cope with some of the more challenging times but sometimes it is more trouble than it is worth.
I have half an hour tea visit today as I was getting the dinner. First had to stop to let the carer in, then update her on what a bad day Dad has had. The arrangement is with the evening visits that the carer helps me with whatever for half an hour. I asked her to get Dad on the commode which she did and then proceeded to stand there-presumeably waiting for him to finish- it could take 30 minutes so I had to tell her to get her gloves off and get on with something useful- cutlery out , cups out, make gravy, fruit and cream in bowls, empty dish washer. She managed the fruit but forgot the cream, No sign of cutlery and only one cup- no sign of milk.
No bib on dad, bed not made when he got up ( first chance to do it all day). Half hearted attempt at emptying dish washer- wandering about with single plate in hand and asking where to put it. I have clearly labelled cupboards with yellow stickies on with black marker pen in capitals! Same procedure with the bowls- I explained they were in the cupboard in front of her labelled "bowls", . She then returned to Dad to get him off the commode and announced she had to leave it all as she had run over her time (by 1 minute) . Book written up- announcing that Dad was ok on arrival (not) and didn't record the fact she had put on a patch that I asked her to do of a controlled medication, so I had to add a note to the journal saying I had found an empty one in the bin assumed the carer had applied it at my request. . For this service I am paying out £15.00 and can feel my blood pressure rising and the need for some meditation. :angry:
(((Henrietta)))) sounds like the care worker was hard work and had no initiative whatsoever. Not what you need at all. Will you request not to have that one again?

£15 for half an hour?!

Melly1
Oh dear Henrietta :(
Are they all like that or just this one? She sounds the sort who needs constant supervision and shouldn't be allowed on her own. I assume she goes to other clients who don't have a wonderful daughter in charge. I wonder how those poor people are cared for by her. I'd put a complaint in , just in case her ineptitude is harming someone else.

Now, what have you earned yourself? A little glass of something or chocolate? ;)
((( HUGS))) Henrietta.
Thanks all- a large glass of wine awaits.

I shan't be complaining - to be fare, she wasn't that hopeless and did get dad on the commode and put his convene on. I think I'm just difficult to please today after being "on duty" at midnight and 3.00 AM , followed by a morning care visit when Dad wouldn't permit the carer to do a thing - not her fault, although some carers are better at handling Dad than others when he is being difficult.
£15.00- no a bit under £14.50 for half an hour but £18 at the weekend for half an hour.
Oh Henrietta do not know what to say. But i can imagine how frustrating it is to have to constantly watch the care worker and supervise. It is a shame you cannot have some continuity.

I hope you enjoyed your large glass of wine.I do admire your compassion and sense of humour. Hugs too.