Happy New Year....almost!

For issues specific to autism / Asperger Syndrome.
A very Happy New Year to everyone...hope Christmas was kind also!

Was beginning to think things had started to settle down for my son Sam (Aspergers)...he had started at a small company at the end of October as an Apprentice (Admin) with a years contract and then hopefully the offer of a full time job after he had completed an NVQ etc..he has had nothing but praise from what he said about the team even though he was still on his 12 week probationary period....

On Monday morning he was back to work after a weeks Christmas holiday and was called straight into the office and given his notice...one week...which he didnt have to stay for and was advised to go home.

There is nothing on the letter other than Sam stating they said they couldnt carry on with his "support" and would have to let him go!!

So we are both puzzled...although have been in contact with Job Centre to get him signed on again with a meeting tomorrow and one on Friday with his advisor who got him the Apprenticeship in the first place...

Has any one else has experience of this? Would it help to get in touch with the firm and ask if there was any reason for him being "let go"? He is worried that he has done something wrong but couldnt think why...nothing was mentioned even at the Christmas party in which he forced himself to attend for a couple of hours!!

Thanks
Carol :(
I'd contact their personnel dept , and explain you'd like why so as to help him rather than as criticism of them.

You're no worse off if they do say no.

Or ask the job centre if they can get more information.
Sometimes wrote:I'd contact their personnel dept , and explain you'd like why so as to help him rather than as criticism of them.

You're no worse off if they do say no.

Or ask the job centre if they can get more information.
Yes thanks we are at the Job Centre this afternoon so I will mention it to them also we have app to visit his 1 to 1 advisor tomorrow who helps him with CV etc and they were the ones who got him the Apprenticeship in the first place so ill have a word with her also....change is not good for Aspergers folks so trying to keep him upbeat.

Will let you know how it goes.... :)