What kind of notice board are people thinking of? Perhaps I'll start off with an A4 pad and worry about that later.
<t>Thanks very much, Anne01. Good ideas. That all works for me except putting the frozen meal in the fridge so it thaws, if time in microwave is given as 'from frozen'. <br/> bowlingbun, as Anne01 says, out of the question in this area. And the carers do not pretend not to be able to cook, they just...
<t>Btw I am going to want to learn to use the hoist. I have no intention of making myself part of the daily plan, but tonight caree fell out of bed, we had to call the ambulance and he was hoisted from the floor - only because one paramedic had had hoist training. She said there are so many differen...
<t>Thanks very much for all suggestions.<br/> <br/> I must say that I am not a full-time carer and I don't want to create more work than I'm saving. I can see the sense of creating special bags in the fridge, but I can't see myself doing it. I do have a special shelf in the cupboard, but they don't ...
Thanks for the welcome, Tracie.
<t>Yes, you're right about the notice board. I will have to think about that. I had a lot of information pinned to the fridge, but they stopped reading it, probably naturally. <br/> <br/> Yogurt is something we do but he hasn't wanted recently. For breakfast he has porridge with some natural Greek y...
Thanks, Koala. I suppose that's right - I have to deal with these problems one by one and I can't really do any more. It just seems too much sometimes.

It makes me feel a lot better just to read this forum.
<t>Hi,<br/> I introduced myself in the other section. My caree has carers in four times a day, but I have realized they can't be expected to help him decide what to eat, partly because they can't cook and partly because they have different ideas about food - they aren't familiar with old-fashioned U...
<t>Hi crocus, thanks for your sympathy!<br/> <br/> That is all familiar to me - that two are needed to work the hoist. I know I couldn't do it on my own, I just wish there was a solution that would encourage him to sit in the wheelchair. He's had a recurrence of thrombosis and tends to refuse what w...
<t>Hi,<br/> I have only been a carer for a short time. I'm afraid this is going to be a mass of unrelated points.<br/> <br/> I moved back to the UK after 30 years abroad, to live with my elder brother - I am 66 and he is 78, and neither of us has further family. He is virtually bedridden and has car...