Deborah. hi - this isn't really a 'chat' site, more a post-and-reply forum, which may account for the 'inactivity' during the wee small hours! Occasionally I'm still awake at one in the morning and on line, and some diligent souls seem to be up and about very early!!! That said, I wonder if it can l...
Just to say that I continue to wish the very best possible for the both of you - soon to be the three of you. You're a very good young man to take all this on, and I hope things work out. Maybe the thing to do now is to find some forums with those MH patients who have 'triumphed' so your fiancée can...
Best to get the job first, and THEN mention the caring (if the need arises).....and then if they do discriminate against you, you have more clout re what BB says!
Cost is terrifying! The only time in my life I ever had professional counselling (I had bereavement counselling 'free' from our hospice though of course I gave a donation), was when I was juggling career/baby and going down a hole in the ground doing so, and it cost, I well recall £27 an hour - and ...
Oh, Suzy, that's such a stark picture you paint, but I do understand it. I split my life now between being 'at home' in the Home Counties, and down in the west country when I stay with, or near, my brother and his (extended) family. Down there there is always 'something going on' - they run holiday ...
Wise words - I didnt' mean to say 'oh, don't bother with proper counselling, just ask us instead'....I meant it can be useful to do a 'first pass' with peer- to peer. And, as Chris points out, the advantage of peer to peer is that we ALL have personal experience, in one way or another, of the toll c...
Paul, DO HOPE you are still going to take the children to the Boxing Day Panto! If your dad doesn't want to come, then re-book him for the next day to you. YOU GO with your children to the panto - THAT is what they'll remember (and the sweets thrown into the audience as I recall - GOD what frenzy of...
PS - I had to laugh when I first visited my son at uni a few years ago. I was booked into a nice B and B hotel, and he and I went out for a very nice dinner, lots of 'mum-son' time and catching up etc etc, and then he walked me back to my hotel, fond kiss goodnight mum, sleep well, c u for coffee to...
I think Anne's spot on - their world shrinks and shrinks. (Not always, but very common.) It happens inexorably I think, and in a way is perfectly normal, as in, very common! I can distinctly remember, when I was in my early forties, and it was a Saturday night, and hubby and me were vegging on the s...
Wow! That is amazing.

If Henrietta does write her Book Of Caring, then yours would definitely be a first class Case Study for it......