I wonder if seeing his daughter made him remember 'happier times' from his younger self, which then contrasted painfully with the way he is now? The journey and stay in itself may have confused him??? Do you think him 'picking up' again now he's back 'home' with you? Good you got the carer to shower...
Good Grief - I HOPE this isn't written from life!!! What ghastly colleagues!
Is it at all possible to physically divide your FIL's house, so there are 'separate quarters' for you and him? Living 'en famille' - sharing meals, living space, watching TV together in the evening etc - can be VERY stressful, but if you and your husband had your own quarters (living room, bedroom, ...
Sadly, you're not the first to regret a charitable impulse when it comes to caring! The trouble is, as you know, unfortunately, know, you did the wrong thing for the right reason - but that isn't something we usually know until after it's 'too late' alas! (I also did the wrong thing for the right re...
I do think you are facing an exceptionally difficult situation, both because of your mother's youth (55 - and to be SO ill then, horrible horrible horrible) and your father's attitudes. Do you think, speaking 'bluntly', that your mother would be happier/better off in some kind of residential care? I...
Because of the situation with the brain tumour, I'm wondering whether your local hospice organisation would provide anything like a sitting service for your husband? Or perhaps Marie Curie? I know it's a dreadful thing to think of (is there any word more likely to instill instant terror into us than...
Pet, I think it IS a blessing - one of the very few 'mercies' that dementia accords (like 'not missing us' because time has ceased to have any meaning for them.) Does the home phone you when there is any 'recordable incident', or do they wait to tell you when you arrive - or to find out for yourself...
PS - not sure where patients currently stand legally on accessing their own medical notes, but if it's possible, why not keep your OWN copies, and take them with you whenever you go to any hospital - so often WE know what's going on better than they do, as it's all too common for the differing IT sy...
That sounds like a pretty bumpy ride! Very worrying for you both.... Do you think the medics have now got to the bottom of it all, or is there still more to investigate? It's good, though, that they have sorted 'hospital at home' - it can make all the difference. After all, there is that old saying ...
Good, if depressing, article on the BBC news site. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-41581060 Someone recorded their own (re-)assessement, and found his recording did not tally with what the official record set out (which, amazingly - not! - resulted in him being down-graded.....) Although secret rec...