Dear Karen & family,

God Bless you all.

(((((((((hugs)))))))))

susieq
<t>I must admit that I have wondered what would happen if (God forbid) I was taken ill and could not look after Mum - it's a subject that must worry a lot of Carers. <br/> <br/> I'm probably luckier than some in that I do have a sister and two nieces who can step in to fill part of the breach - but ...
<t>Hi Karen<br/> <br/> me again !<br/> <br/> I've just got back from taking my Mum to our OT Assesment Centre - they're looking at her ability to get in and out of bath/shower. They've come up with a chair type bathlift which should make the job a lot easier (providing it fits her bath). When you do...
<t>hi Karen,<br/> <br/> Do you know that you can get incontinence pads, wipes etc on prescription ? In our area they come via the District Nurse - but ask at your Nan's GP first. You should also be able to get help with bathing her, again the GP's should be able to put you in touch with the right de...
<t>Karen<br/> <br/> Get onto your OT team immediately - they will supply you with commode (and lots of other goodies to make life easier). <br/> <br/> Otherwise if you have a T.J Hughes store near you they sell a very nice waterproof mattress protector that has a cotton quilted top - my Mum says it ...
<t>Hi Danny & Bluebird<br/> <br/> I feel for you both - My Mum is in the middle stages of dementia, not as far along as yours and I too find it difficult to equate this confused, muddled and depressed old woman with the vibrant, active and intelligent woman that was my Mother. It depresses the h...
<t>I would have thought that most pension age Carers would not want to work - in most cases we have full time jobs looking after our Carees ! And at a time when justifiably we should have been able to take life a bit easier. But because the state pension is less than generous so many have to continu...
Welcome Mike Image

Happy to have you aboard Image

susieq
Dear Karen,

The best of wishes to you and your family, and to your lovely Nan - for she must be a lovely person to inspire you all so much.

I hope everything works out.

((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

susieq
Following on with the Tooth Fairy theme, I heard the other day of a little girl who had lost two teeth - her Nan suggested she put both under her pillow for the tooth fairy - "No fear" said the little girl "she might think it's BOGOF" Talk about a sign of the times http://www.carersuk.org/images/ico...