Hi Emma sorry I can't help as I was never in the position of claiming benefits so never had a compliance interview. But I've just googled "DWP compliance interview" and there is a lot of information online. However I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on a...
Hello Craig I suspect you will have to stop the CA for your Mum and re-apply for CA for your wife, but how this would impact on other benefits I'm not qualified to say so I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits. N...
Hi David

how did you manage to post your photos ?

Myself and others have been trying for ages but keep getting an error message !
What's your secret ?
Most carer's seem so capable, like Florence Nightingale or something... I feel like I'm the only one that seems to struggle xx don't believe it Amanda, most of us are like swans - gliding on the surface but feet churning like mad underneath ! Carers don't have any training, we've all had to learn '...
I can highly recommend the Alzheimer's Society for advice and support - they were a godsend with Mum :) Most branches run sessions for Carers to meet and swap tales, and many also run regular "Memory Cafe" sessions where you can take your caree with you and meet others in a similar situation. The Su...
Hello Loretta I suggest you contact our own, very excellent, Adviceline for information on what other benefits you and your children could be entitled to. We have often found in the past that our team are far better than any adviser from the DWP ! Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Ad...
Hello Paul I would suggest that you contact our Adviceline team who should be able to give you advice on where to find the answers you seek - perhaps case precedents that you would be able to quote to your LA. Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter w...
Hello Wendy Do you have both types of PoA ? Not just the Finance one but also the Health & Welfare one ? They are different and his GP will want the health one. Yes, you could get Dad to write a letter to his GP saying that he is happy for you to be kept informed and for you to speak on his behalf (...
Of course Gilly you can always say to Mum along the lines of: "everyone these days is advised to appoint a Power of Attorney, just like everyone is advised to have make a will. The PoA can't be used until it's registered - but you never know what's around the corner and it's better to be safe than s...
Hello Elaine I'm very sorry to hear about your Mum and sorry, too, to hear about your husband's problems. Firstly any income from renting out your inherited property doesn't affect your CA - they are only interested in 'earned' income - i.e. salary/wages from work. With regards to any further benefi...