I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits. Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and adv...
Welcome to the forum John - glad you've finally posted, if for no other reason than a problem shared is a problem halved :D If you've been lurking then I'm sure you've seen that we have quite a few members caring for a loved one with MS so hopefully they will be along later to add their two pennywor...
This is all new to me but i am doing my best but suggesting i need counseling because i want to look after my dad is rude and insulting. I doubt that anyone who has suggested counselling is suggesting anything other than that you might find counselling helpful to manage your situation.It would give...
Hey all, I am new to all this. I am caring for my 90 year old dad and working full time in a care home. What support etc can I get from here? Hello Terry and welcome to the forum. The Carers UK Forum is made up of those who are caring for family/friends and those who have cared for family/friends i...
Hello Daniel the very best advice I can give you is for you to contact the Carers UK Adviceline team - they really are the experts on all matters related to benefits and to caring in general. Every situation is different and whilst members here can give you some advice from their own experience it m...
Hi Melanie and welcome :D The best tip I can give you is to ditch the guilt - you are not responsible for your Brother's illness or his dependency on alcohol. Instead replace the word 'guilt' with the word 'sad' - it's sad that he has Huntingdon's (terrible illness I agree) and it's sad he's an alco...
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring. Freephone: 0808 808 7777 email: advice@carersuk.org Carers UK’s advic...
Hello Sharon and welcome to the forum. I do know that there is form of dementia connected to Parkinson's so had to look up Parkinson's Psychosis to see if it was the same thing and found this American website which you might find useful http://www.parkinson.org/understanding-parkinsons/non-motor-sym...
You should have heard back by now, but I understand from other comments on the forum recently that there are delays at the moment, I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team to see if they have some up to date information. Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline fi...
Hello June and welcome to the forum. You ask Does anyone else think they are alone in this? , the answer, of course, is yes - we all do at some time or another which is why so many find their way here. It is hard when you find yourself the only one doing the caring without any meaningful breaks. But...