I'm sorry you find our comments unhelpful, we always try to support all carers, however if you and your fiancée are so resistant to having anyone else involved, what else can we suggest? I am really concerned that you can't even have your own carers assessment on your own. What will happen if you en...
Most of all, the people making decisions about services have absolutely no business training whatsoever, and many don't seem to have an understanding of basic mathematics. I have yet to meet a Social Services manager who can competently discuss where my son's £100 allowance has gone, mention looking...
Helen, STOP trying to be Superwoman and start yelling for help. The more you do the more you will be expected to do. Sadly, for your parents that means it's going to get worse and worse until they die. A friend of mine cared for his mum until she was 104. How does that prospect sound?! As far as you...
When my son moved into residential care, coming home to me alternate weekends, I was told by the CA Unit that I didn't qualify any more. I then asked the CUK helpline. They gave me details of a case which said that anything in advance of someone coming home, travelling to and from, and anything done...
It's time you parted from mum. Is she living in your house, or vicd versa? Is iit rented? Does mum have savings over £23,000 ?Mum needs a nursing home now.
They won't check, but everything you do for mum counts, so be sure to apply asap.
Make sure it is done somewhere well away from your fiancée, so you can be open and honest, and it's OK to be emotional.
Henrietta, that's a brilliant idea. So many books are written by medical people who have no idea of the complexities of benefits, CHC, which continence pads to use etc. etc. How to deal with bureaucracy, a guide to having carers in your house. It will almost write itself once you start. Getting your...
Can I ask what operation she has had?
Does she have to do any exercises, or any other post of treatment to aid her recovery? Is she actually doing it?
If you have unpleasant washing to do, put it in the washing machine, and then put it on the rinse cycle, which will be three or four washes. Then do a proper wash, on the hottest wash the clothing can take, with Dettol Antibacterial liquid added in addition to your detergent. I did this when I had t...