Ten years ago, I was newly widowed, newly seriously disabled, with a disabled son, a disabled mum, and a business to run. I felt the "real me" had gone forever. I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown, trying to keep everyone else happy, when I was grieving and in constant pain. It took a while fo...
Pet,
Have you noticed the statistics for your thread?

33,657 views have been recorded.

I know it's a distressing journey, but you are helping so many people by sharing your experiences with others.
Has anyone else noticed the statistics for this thread? 45 replies but 3,774 views.

No doubt about the importance of this topic to all of us then. I wonder if this statistic could be used to further our cause in some way?
Legally, it's unlawful to discriminate against someone because they are a carer, as it is "discrimination by association" (Google this plus "Coleman case", for more details. Proving it would be difficult!
My mum was the same. In the end I just had to accept that she was different from me (we always had been like chalk and cheese) but I wasn't going to let her negativity spoil everything in my life. I've always had a "can do" attitude (which is how I came to ship steam engines from Australia to the UK...
Hi Wendy, Welcome to the forum. Have you asked your GP? Sometimes it is available on the NHS. Otherwise, have you had a Carers Assessment recently? Did you ask for counselling as part of your unmet need? If there is anything we can help you with here (if Wendy is your real name, consider changing it...
David, whilst you and your fiancé resist any outside help and support now, whilst you are both fit and well, it's really important to plan for the future. Not just the next year and the arrival of your baby, but further ahead. Think about school, baby clinic appointments, etc. etc. I've already sugg...
Talk to the Care Quality Commission about this, it's completely out of order to put people to bed at this hour!
HUGS Pet, be kind to yourself for the moment. Once you are feeling a bit less stressed, you need to complain to the head of the CHC Unit. The assessor clearly has an urgent need for further training and should be assigned to other duties until the training is complete, aimed at what is, and is not p...
Welcome to the forum. Would you like to tell us a bit more about mum? Age? Nature of her disability? Do you live with her?