Lynn, think about having someone in to do the worst of the housework or gardening, to save yourself some work. Does your mum have savings over £23,00? If so, be sure to get her to give you a significant amount for the care you provide. If towards the end of her life mum needs nursing home care, it w...
Ridiculous. We have a very good walk in minot injiuries unit at our local hospital. The local community raised a fortune for a new A&E Unit at the old hospital, but then they took away the A&E consultant and it was regarded "Minor Injuries". I've used it a few times, my son got something in his eye ...
When dad died, mum wouldn't let me put a notice in the local paper. They had lived in the same area for 50 years. Forever after, mum moaned that no one ever wrote to her with condolences after dad died. Well how were they supposed to know?!?! To me this illustrates totally how impossible it is to pl...
David, I'm 65, and have experienced almost every trauma life could possibly throw at anyone. From these awful experiences, I know how important it is to have at least a few trusted friends around to give support. I have tried very hard to help you understand what is in store for the future, and give...
It comes into the same category as not being allowed to ask anyone if they are pregnant, if I remember rightly.
No, they're legally not allowed to ask questions about this sort of issue actually, could lead to a discrimination claim.. (I did HR as part of a degree years ago. However, what they are supposed to do and actually do can be different).
It probably depends on whether it's emotional or practical issues which are causing the most irritation/distress/frustration.
Ten years ago, I was newly widowed, newly seriously disabled, with a disabled son, a disabled mum, and a business to run. I felt the "real me" had gone forever. I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown, trying to keep everyone else happy, when I was grieving and in constant pain. It took a while fo...
Pet,
Have you noticed the statistics for your thread?

33,657 views have been recorded.

I know it's a distressing journey, but you are helping so many people by sharing your experiences with others.
Has anyone else noticed the statistics for this thread? 45 replies but 3,774 views.

No doubt about the importance of this topic to all of us then. I wonder if this statistic could be used to further our cause in some way?