<t>I don't wish to frighten anyone, but if this saves one persons life it's worth it. All of a sudden my big strong active husband started nodding off in his chair almost as soon as he sat in it. Then he died of a sudden massive heart attack at the age of 58. He had serious, but undetected, heart di...
I never heard of a CWD team. Sounds like a good idea.
<t>I'd change my GP too if I knew where I could find one who understood what it means to be a carer. I had the same GP for over 30 years who knew all my extended family, but he retired. He was replaced by a self opionated South African. He has no idea of compassion, and doesn't seem to understand th...
<t>It seems to me that the NHS are so focussed on high tech care, gadgets, and equipment that they have forgotten all about basic care, especially for the elderly. Long ago I worked in a hospital in the outback of Western Australia, 400 miles to the nearest zebra crossing, 700 miles to the nearest s...
<t>Mum's home again this afternoon, about 4.30, armed with an egg sandwich and a yoghurt and a miniscule piece of cake for her tea. I asked Social Services if they'd brought forward the weekly shopping visit to tomorrow, as she's been away for a month? They didn't do shopping visits on Saturdays. I ...
<t>David,<br/> You MUST stop this before it's too late. My husband and I helped care for five people with highest DLA for 5 years, with no support. We nicknamed ourselves the Thunderbirds. All four parents lived nearby, lurched from disaster to disaster, kept telling everyone "My son/daughter will d...
Thanks Myrtle.
<t>Can anyone tell me of their experiences with a live in carer? Mum, elderly and very disabled, came home from hospital after a month on Monday afternoon. She went back in less than 24 hours with a stomach bug, spent all day in A&E waiting for a bed, finally at 10 pm she's in a male ward for th...
<t>The Disability Alliance produce a Benefits Guide every year. I feel sure that if you buy a copy you will find that there are lots of things which you are entitled to that you never knew about. There are also some strange situations when you might be deemed as living with your sons, rather than th...
<t>STOP feeling guilty. You have nothing to feel guilty about, feel proud that you are a loving and caring daughter to your mum, but you too have a daughter and her needs count most of all. I wondered if you could move to a larger flat, giving more room? Have you had a carer's assessment? Both your ...