Welcome to the forum, yes, it's a shame you didn't find the forum first, but you are where you are. Can I ask a few questions to clarify things - do you still have a home of your own? Is your husband an only child? Does he have Power of Attorney for dad? Does dad receive Attendance Allowance? As far...
HI Grant, welcome to the forum. I've never heard of the Recovery and Wellbeing College. Would you like to tell me more about it?
My son has severe learning difficulties. I made it very clear that staff in his flat MUST NOT SMOKE in the flat. After all, they are in someone else's home. It should be a requirement of their employers that they don't smoke, after all, Roy Castle died from lung cancer caused by "passive smoking". H...
Hi Julie, welcome to the forum. Carers UK has a brilliant helpline for benefit queries, the phone is usually busy but if you email, they will get back to you. As your daughter is 17, and about to get DLA unless I've got you mixed up with someone else, if so, apologies, she may now be entitled to ful...
I am completely, utterly, totally fed up with this current breed of social workers who couldn't organise a party in a brewery, seem to learn only how to make excuses, insult the intelligence of carers and fail to respond to serious allegations of financial abuse. Tomorrow I am going to make a formal...
Honey Badger, you should have received a copy of your completed assessment. Have you seen it? Did you know you can challenge it?
A local authority will not help you find a college outside their own provision, I had to get my son (now 38) rejected from the local college - 2,000 plus students, he has severe learning difficulties, can't read, write or do any maths. he would have been totally bewildered there. Once he had the rej...
Good point Mrs. A. It's time the District Nurse was told to come asap with no excuses!
Definitely contact the CUK helpline, they know all the complexities of the benefit system, better than DWP staff. As a result, the helpline made me £50 a week better off some years ago. If there is any possibility of resolving your unique situation, they will know what it is.
Pet, ask for an advocate to be appointed for both you and your OH before the next meeting takes place. I would also ask that a different assessor is used.