Hi there. Just wondering how other Carers have been treated by the Local Authority/Adult Care Services/Social Worker/Care Agency's involvement? As I have been constantly undermined, dictated to, threatened, bullied, make to feel like my involvement doesn't count. The previous social worker constantl...
Hi there. I have Power of Attorney for my Mother's situation, due to her having suffered severe Strokes. The Office of the Public Guardian have investigated me, and have stressed Mental Capacity etc. I constantly involve my Mother in everything in her life and care and do everything what my Mother w...
I also asked the Consultant, still didn't get anywhere.
Hi there. I got referred to the local Mental Health Services at the hospital last year, and am in the process of Benefits Appeals. I've been recommended to get a copy of the referral for supporting evidence of my situation. I spoke to the original GP who referred me, who told me to put it in writing...
Hi there. What have carers' experiences been since the New Care Act? Ie have they been supported more, have their loved ones had better care + support from Local Authorities? Carers' Assessments; are they more improved since before, with all the cut-backs? What's the reality compared to what's publi...
Hi Guys. I've just joined. I'm a carer for my Mother who suffered severe Strokes May 2012, who has lost her independence, needs hoisting, uses a wheelchair, has Dementia + onset of Alzheimers'. My Mother is having to pay all her care fees, due to failings in officials' systems not been able to quali...