Hi there. Since my Mother has had severe Strokes and has involvement from the local authority's social services dept; I've had lots of issues with whichever social worker is involved. They've all been totally unhelpful and obstructive and incompetent in supporting me dealing with crucial issues. I h...
Some councils LAs have a councillor appointed as a Champion or ambassador for disabilities or older people. Look at your council web site or phone up and find out which councillor is the champion for older people with disabilities, then ask them to help your mum I did get a local councillor some ti...
The local authority have acted like they own use, and do whatever they choose. Anyway I have contacted the local press about this and other crucial issues; and have my Mother's consent to go public with this. The social workers that have been involved have been tasked to have a duty of care for my M...
Hi there. How have other carers found things since the New Care Act came in force? Have they and their loved ones benefitted? Or have things not altered for the good and stayed the same? Have other local authorities implemented the New Care Act appropriately? Ie in our situation I asked for Advocacy...
I have emailed the local councillor in charge of 'Health + Wellbeing'. He forwarded the email on to this Day Centre, and nothing came of it.
The Day Centre are happy to have my Mother there; only to access the Bistro and Hairdressing facilities. And not for a full day as she used to go, due to equipment they have refused to get (the place is now run independently from the local authority). I have put in a complaint, and it's come back th...
Hi there. My Mother has an NHS wheelchair supplied due to her immobility caused by severe Strokes. Whilst the clinician was at my Mother's house today to show the Carers how to hoist my Mother in the new wheelchair, she asked me what was happening about my Mother's returning to Day Centre. When I ex...
I have sent the final letter of response of complaint I put in to the local authority to the Local Government Ombudsman. Just hope they're interested in helping. Tired of going round in circles. When I need all my energies supporting my Mother and maintaining my sanity with such unhelpful officials/...
Hi there. I have tried push to get the social worker to get my Mother back to the Day Centre she loved going to for so long - they won't budge. Initially they pressured us to pay for equipment, now the excuse is they don't have the space. And the last excuse is about staffing. Where my Mother used t...
Hi there. My Mother used to go to a Day Centre, which she'd been going to for over 15 years. She kept going even when she'd suffered with severe Strokes, which have limited her mobility - they accommodated everything. Now an organization has took over the running of this Day Centre from the local au...